Friday, May 9, 2014

Week 13
What is easy for you to celebrate in your life right now?
                Honestly, the things I celebrate are my family.  In mornings when my husband walks through the door after working all night I celebrate that he is home safe. Sometimes I really wish he was in a different profession, but I know that God has him where he is for a reason.  When I say goodbye to him at night, I entrust his safety to God, but when he gets home and I get to hug him and see for myself that he is safe it is easy to celebrate.  It doesn’t take thought or effort to rejoice in these moments.

                I am so blessed to have two amazing boys.  Celebration comes in so many forms with these two.  It is often the small things that cause major celebration.  Things like: hearing my two year old pray, hearing him say “I love Sammy” (his little brother), seeing Samuel wide eyed looking around, hearing him coo and make his sweet little baby noises, getting more than two hours of consecutive sleep.  When I look at these boys, I cannot help but celebrate what God has given me.  Just seeing them grow and develop as they should makes me celebrate.  I am all too aware how amazingly blessed and fortunate I am in these areas.  God truly is so good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment