Sunday, June 29, 2014

week 4

Week 4
“And at the heart of that new land, we see not a sacred building of bricks and mortar but a sacred people, whose very hearts have become the dwelling place of the living God by his Spirit, enabling them to be conformed to “the model of the image of his son,” the one in whom the Psalms’ greatest promises have found their fulfillment.” (115)
As we have been reading through the Old Testament, I am reminded how powerful the God that we serve is.  I know this, but reading the stories of Moses, Noah and David opens my eyes once again to the astounding power of our God.  I wonder how the Israelites would respond to Wrights statement, “…we see not a sacred building of bricks and mortar but a sacred people, whose hearts have become the dwelling place of the living God by his Spirit…”  The awe and fear they felt toward God make me wonder if they might have been quite frightened by this idea.  When I think about this I realize how incredible it is that the God of the universe has made a way to reside in me.  We often use language like, “ask Jesus to come into your heart” but seldom if ever do I realize the weight of this statement.  The Almighty God not only knows me, knows my name, my place in life, but He has made a way for the Holy Spirit to reside in me.  This is hard to grasp and even more difficult to try to write about. 

How great my faith would be if on a daily basis I could sink into the place of knowing that the Holy Spirit dwells in me.  I can’t even begin to wrap my mind around this, but I do not doubt that I could truly move mountains if I walked daily in this truth.  What an incredible time of worship it would be if I could grasp this concept and lead worship from a place of truly understanding what this means.  I am so grateful that God allows me to grapple with these ideas as I attempt to live life in a way that is honoring to Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment